Sunday, September 2, 2007

Broiled Parmesan Tilapia


I'm house sitting for some friends this weekend. No, it's not one of those nice houses that you can run up down the stairs in or invite your friends over to watch a movie on a big screen TV in or splash around in a huge pool complete with a water slide. No, this house is old, for sale, and occupied by a mean, annoying cat, two old dogs, one's blind and deaf and the other one is scared all the time and has hip problems, and on occasion, me! Basically, I haven't gotten much sleep this weekend, which is prohibiting my ability to study for school. I also haven't done much cooking, which is dampening my spirits. I was so depressed Friday night, my first night at the house, that I ate a ton of chocolate chips that were kept in the refrigerator . Then I got over my sadness when I realized I was in a house by myself. That's just awesome. Since mom and I were being busy and lazy this weekend, we just did some tilapia with slaw and other veggies one night. This tilapia is fast and easy and the recipe is pretty much made up. I love recipes like this--just do whatever!

Ingredients:
1 tbl + 1 teaspoon low-fat mayonnaise, or 1 teaspoon per fillet
1-2 tbl melter butter
1 tbl lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
Few grinds of pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon-1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 pound or 4 tilapia fillets

Preheat the oven broiler. Move your flat rack to the top. Grease a boiling pan or line a baking pan with aluminum foil and then spray. Mix all the ingredients together except the fish. Put fillets on pan, broil 3 minutes. Flip and cook for 2 minutes. Flip one last time, topping with sauce mixture, and broil 2 minutes or until the topping is browned and the fish is done.

Be careful when cooking this if it's your first time using the broiler. That hot oven is tricky sometimes and burns the fish, even if you think you've done everything the same!

Serves 4
Nutritional Value per serving: 210 Cal, 11g Fat, 5.8g Sat Fat, 512mg Sod, 0g Carb, 0g Sugar, 0g Fiber, 31.7g Protein

~Enjoy!

No comments: